Friday, April 26, 2013

Happily Ever After Marriage Survival Kit


Hello! Welcome to my blog! This year, the weddings started early. I am big on giving presents that are unique, and I have a reputation now for giving survival kits. I do have another wedding survival kit theme coming soon.... but first, let me show you this one.


The theme of this survival kit was inspired by all those fairy tales that end with the saying - "and they lived happily ever after". It would be nice to live happily ever after, and the reality is you can, but it will take work - hence the survival guide on how to do that. 


I came up with all sorts of story like sayings and I bought some handy household items to go with those sayings. I made a tag for each item that also had some marriage advice in the pocket that went with the particular topic I was going for. Let's go through them.

1. Item I purchased - CLOCK - saying to go with it:

Once upon a time there was a young prince and princess who fell in love and got married. Their love was so grand, their love was so divine, they promised each other to uphold that love throughout all TIME.

2. Item I purchased - FLASHLIGHT/LAMP - saying to go with it:

Let light reign over dark by continually rekindling your spark.




3. Item I purchased - CUTTING BOARD - saying to go with it:
All great kingdoms face an evil threat. The enemy will indeed attack, but a strong kingdom will fortify and protect.


4. Item I purchased - FORK LIFTER - saying to go with it:
The greatest heroes and heroines are those who rescue another by lifting them to higher ground.

5. (not pictured here) Item I purchased - GRATER - saying to go with it:
Royal treatment is bestowed when appreciation and gratitude are made known.


Each tag is made from an 8 1/2 x11 piece of card stock. One piece of paper makes two tags. The bottom is folded up to make a pocket. The edges  are sewn to hold it together.  The tags make a booklet after the gift is opened. The title page I attached to the outside of the present. It is the only page without a pocket.


Click Here for PDF file of the tags. Have fun, and thank you for stopping by!
Linking up to...

2 comments:

  1. What a cute gift idea! Thanks so much for sharing this! I always have such a hard time thinking of wedding gift ideas and this is so much more fun and creative than most things I think of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable! Thank you for sharing! Have you considered doing a wild west theme or a farm theme? Just throwing a couple of ideas out there...

    ReplyDelete