Monday, March 5, 2012

Heritage Blocks

 I seen these beautiful Heritage Blocks ON THIS BLOG called "Heritage Unwrapped", and loved the idea. In honor of my Irish Great - Great Grandparents - I made these heritage blocks for a St. Patrick's Day display. 
I got some 2x4 scraps - sanded them and painted them.
I laser printed my great,great grandparents pictures, with other information, and cut it out to fit the blocks. I needed this laser printed so I could mod podge the paper on the blocks - printer ink runs.
I cut out scrapbook paper that I liked to fill in areas of the block.
On the front I pasted the big picture, with the surname initial. On one of the sides I pasted who my great, great grandfather married, with the date and her picture. On the other side of the block, I have the names of their children. I pasted scrapbook paper on the top of the block and the bottom of the block.
After pasting everything on - I covered the whole block with mod podge. 
I love these blocks. 
Thanks for stopping by!

Linking up to...
Tatertots and Jello

No comments:

Post a Comment