Sunday, December 4, 2011

How to Speed up the Aging Process - A Rusting "Try"al

I seen a rusting recipe on Pinterest - and wanted to try it on some ornament hooks. My tree is going to be more rustic this year, and the silver hooks are not going to work - so another Pinterest idea got put into action. Here is what I did....
I bought some cool ornament hooks at the $ Store. I checked out the link to the rusting recipe from a blog called Lipstick and Laundry. You need to check out what she rusted - CLICK HERE TO SEE!
I cut the recipe in half and used a yogurt container. I stirred the concoction with all disposable utensils JUST IN CASE. Once you put your metal in it will foam up - so make sure you have a big enough container.  I used 1 cup peroxide, 1/8 cup white vinegar and 1 tablespoon salt.
The ornament hooks took one hour to rust. I have some bells rusting - I will leave them for 24 hours. I didn't want to chance dumping the remains of this recipe in my sink, or grass - so I dumped it in a ditch with weeds and gravel.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: