Thursday, October 20, 2011

Mini Treat Bag Tutorial - No Need for a Template

Here is a super easy way to make your own treat bags - no template necessary. Basically you take a small box, and wrap it like a present, except you only enclose one end. Here is the tutorial....


1. I used a piece of paper that measured 6 inches x 9 inches. The size of the paper you use will depend on the box you use. The white strip on the left in the picture is double sided tape. 
2. The box I used was a single box of soap. This box makes bags that are 4 1/2 inches tall, 2 3/4 inches wide, and 1 1/2 inches depth. You can have fun making all sizes of bags with the different boxes you have around.
3. Wrap the paper around the box and adhere sides together. I used double sided tape.
4. When enclosing the bottom, move the box up or down the paper so that the paper you fold down totally covers the box. This makes the bottom stronger and gives you room for the tape or whatever you  adhere it with. You do not want tape or glue on the box because you are removing it.
5. I put double sided tape along the bottom of the paper at the end.
6. Fold in the sides - if you use double sided tape it will adhere as soon as you fold the flaps over.
7. Adhere the last flap.  I used double sided tape again - but the last flap on my bags did not hold up. I put a strip of packing tape on it and that does the trick. It is the bottom of the bag so it is not noticeable. 
8. After making prominent paper folds at all the corners - I removed the box. I opened the box end so I had a flap to pull the box out with as I wrapped the box fairly snug. 
9. I made a fold in the middle by pinching the two edges together, but I did not pinch all the way to the bottom (about 3/4 of the way down).
10. I cut a half circle out of the top of the bag with a small circle punch. 


These are proving to be addictive. Now on to making tags....

Thanks for stopping by!

Linking up to....


1 comment: